We asked The Stinging Fly editor and short story writer Thomas Morris about the things he’s reading, watching and listening to right now.
- Dorthe Nors’s Karate Chop (some of the best stories I’ve read in years).
- Ottessa Mossfegh’s short stories. They’re so good, and you can read lot of them on the Paris Review website.
- Sam Coll’s The Abode of Fancy (it’s being published next spring by Lilliput Press in Dublin and it is just brilliant, something else entirely).
- Dogtooth – It’s just so well-crafted and relentlessly intense.
- Joanna Newsom’s Divers. She’s just exceptional.
Read our full interview with Morris about his debut short story collection here.