Thank you to everyone who entered The London Magazine’s 2014 Short Story Competition.
The competition continues to grow and every year it is exciting to see an eclectic mix of truly inspiring and inventive short stories.
We are delighted to announce the 10 shortlisted entries for the competition.
In no particular order:
- Into the Blue by Alison Lock
- Landscape Gardening by Jane McLaughlin
- McManus by David McAlpine Cunningham
- The Herring Lass by William Bedford
- The Lie by David Butler
- The Abstractionist by Robert Hollingworth
- The Island by Caroline Price
- This Land by Josie Ferrante
- Musical by Isobel Brown
- The Burning Giraffe by Wes Lee
The winners will be announced on our website on Monday 2nd February. They will be formally announced at a champagne reception in the House of Commons on the 11th March 2015.
Click here to sign up for The London Magazine’s Official Newsletter to find out more details about future competitions.
Our poetry competition will open in April. More details will be announced very soon.