Before entering a competition please read these rules carefully.
- If submitting by any means other than Submittable, please include a completed entry form.
- All entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast, nor have won or placed (as in 2nd, 3rd,, runner up etc) in any other competition.
- It is advised that you should read a copy of The London Magazine before entering to familiarise yourself with the style of writing we are looking for.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions per person.
- Submissions can be written on any subject or theme.
- The competitions are open worldwide unless stated otherwise.
- Poems should be no longer than 40 lines.
- Short stories can be up to 2,500 words in length (no flash fiction). The title is not included in the word count.
- Essays should be no longer than 1,500 words. The title is not included in the word count. Essays should not be academic essays.
- The London Magazine will have the unrestricted right to publish winning submissions (including runners up) in the magazine and online.
- Submissions should be made through our submittable portal.
- Entries must be in English.
- The filename of email entries must be the author followed by the title of the story. It must be either a .doc, .docx, pdf or .txt file.
- Entries must be labelled clearly with your name, address and email address on the front page.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Entries should be typed in a standard font (Times New Roman suggested), 12pt font and left justified.
- Fees are payable by PayPal, credit/debit card, cheque or postal order.
- Cheques must be in pounds and should be payable to The London Magazine with your name and address on the back.
- Credit card payments can be accepted by telephone.
- Receipt of entry will be received by email regardless of the manner of sending.
- If you are paying under a different name, please notify us.
- The winning entries will be notified by email or post.
- We will do our best to respond to every entry.